Imperative Recruiting is a 3rd party recruiting agency, working on behalf of company:
Organization: Foundation for Black Entrepreneurship (FBE)
Job Title: Deputy Director
Reports To: Founder, Executive Director
Supervises: Grant Writer, Compliance Officer, Administrative Staff
FLSA: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Hybrid, Candidates Must Reside in CO
Foundation for Black Entrepreneurship (FBE) is a 501c3 nonprofit whose mission is to elevate Black women to build scalable, sellable businesses by providing affordable options for coaching, training and services, partnering in large part with its for-profit counterpart SGN Enterprises. Through its primary program, Sistahbiz, the Foundation for Black Entrepreneurship provides Black women business owners with access to training, coaching, back office support, financial and social capital. FBE was founded in Denver, Colorado and now provides services to participants nationwide.
FBE is seeking a Deputy Director to support the Executive Director in managing all regulatory and compliance-related requirements, managing projects and daily operations and maintaining and building new relationships with funders, to ensure that the organization continues on a healthy growth trajectory. This role will NOT focus on programming offered by Sistahbiz but support program efforts overseen by the Executive Director and manage the day to day operations of the organization. The Deputy Director serves as the primary liaison to the FBE Board of Directors and assists in board communications and activities. The Deputy Director serves as the organization’s CEO in the absence of the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will be ready to embrace the challenges that non-profit organizations face on a daily basis while looking to ultimately grow professionally within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages all daily operations of the organization.
- Works with the Executive Director, to develop internal administrative, financial and personnel policies as appropriate.
- Ensures the implementation of internal policies among the staff, contractors and volunteers.
- Ensure the foundation stays compliant and up to date on all reporting and regulatory related matters.
- Ensures that job responsibilities are clearly communicated and duties delegated appropriately among staff, contractors and volunteers.
- Oversees the foundation’s grant making programs, organizational support programs and issue campaigns; and evaluates their effectiveness.
- Maintains and establishes relationships with current and potential funders, grantors and investors.
- Regularly attend events on behalf of the organization in a professional manner.
- Monitors and maintains the ongoing communications with representatives of supporting foundations.
- Project management for the grant application process, ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner.
BOARD SUPPORT DUTIES
- Serves as secondary liaison to the board of directors.
- Ensures efficient functioning of board committees through oversight of scheduling, agendas, minutes and actions.
- Serves as main contact between board members and program staff.
- Ensures that information about Sistahbiz programs and campaigns is communicated clearly and effectively to board members.
- 5+ years in nonprofit management/leadership
- Strong supervisory and project management skills and experience.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- High level of initiative and desire to meet specific goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in developing strategies and plans
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
- Strong computer skills, including Google Workspace, project management tools, CRM’s, etc.
- Superior customer service skills to both internal and external audiences.
- An analytical mind capable for ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking to solve problems
- An eagerness to help implement sustainable business practices.
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrated empathetic disposition and positive attitude.
- Travel as needed to represent the organization during various events and engagements
- Eagerness to work as part of a team, both as a leader and in a supporting capacity, to expand the donor base and visibility of the Foundation.
- The ability to stand ten-toes down for The Foundation for Black Entrepreneurship/Sistahbiz in the most prestigious of spaces
- A passion for seeing Black Women succeed in all aspects of life is crucial!
Competitive salary based upon experience and contingent upon funding.